Houspect Australia Pty Ltd respects and upholds your right to privacy protection under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and any similar state or territory legislation applicable to Houspect Australia’s operations.
This policy describes how Houspect Australia (and its related entities) manage any personal information about you that it (and its related entities) may collect and hold.
What kinds of personal information about me does Houspect Australia collect and hold?
Houspect Australia (and its related entities) may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- name, address, telephone number and email address
- transaction details associated with your purchases from Houspect Australia including credit card details.
- any information you provided to Houspect Australia through loyalty programs or customer surveys.
- details of your use of Houspect Australia’s website including your server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of your visit and pages accessed.
- any additional information provided to Houspect Australia, its related entities and/or its service and/or support centre.
How does Houspect Australia collect and hold personal information about me?
Houspect Australia (and its related entities) may collect personal information about you when you purchase goods and services from Houspect Australia (or its related entities), when you contact Houspect Australia (or its related entities) with an enquiry, when you submit an employment, supplier, franchise or licence application, through Houspect Australia’s website or social media platform, when you enter a competition or other promotion, when you join a loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey or when you have any similar dealings with Houspect Australia (or its related entities).
Houspect Australia may hold personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records.
Houspect Australia takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that it no longer needs and is not required by law to retain.
Houspect Australia takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information that it holds from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure, including but not limited to personal information including contact details, and any payment information.
For what purposes does Houspect Australia collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information about me?
Houspect Australia may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing goods and services to you.
- to communicate promotional offers and special events.
- for Houspect Australia’s internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
- to assist with any calls you make to Houspect Australia or its service and/or support centre.
- for any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information
Houspect Australia will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to agents, advisers, and suppliers that Houspect Australia uses in the ordinary operation of Houspect Australia’s business, such as for data processing, printing, or mailing or as required by law.
At any time, you may opt out of receiving any communications from Houspect Australia (other than as required for the operation of Houspect Australia’s business, e.g. regarding payment of your account by credit card or bank transfer).
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to Houspect Australia, then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being collected and held by Houspect Australia for the above purposes.
How can I access and/or seek the correction of personal information about me that Houspect Australia holds?
You may request access to personal information Houspect Australia holds about you by writing to Houspect Australia’s Privacy Officer at the address below. Where Houspect Australia holds information that you are entitled to access, Houspect Australia will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information Houspect Australia holds about you is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant, misleading, or inaccurate, then you may request that Houspect Australia correct it. If Houspect Australia is satisfied that the information requires correction, it will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct such information having regard to the purpose for which the information is held. If requested by you, Houspect Australia will also notify any other entity that Houspect Australia has disclosed that information to, that the information has been corrected. If Houspect Australia refuses to correct the information as requested by you, then Houspect Australia’s Privacy Officer will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so), the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal and any other matter proscribed by the Privacy Act.
How can I complain about a breach of the Privacy Act and how will Houspect Australia deal with such a complaint?
If you consider that Houspect Australia has breached the Privacy Act, you may complain to Houspect Australia by writing to Houspect Australia’s Privacy Officer at the address below within 6 months of the date of the alleged breach. You must specify full details of the alleged breach. Houspect Australia’s Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint and advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days of receipt of the complaint. If Houspect Australia has breached the Privacy Act, it will endeavour to rectify the breach as quickly as possible and in an appropriate manner.
Is Houspect Australia likely to disclose personal information about me to overseas recipients? If so, which countries are those recipients likely to be located in?
Houspect Australia is not likely to disclose personal information about you to any overseas recipients.
Before we disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian privacy laws and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act. References to Houspect Australia are to Houspect Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 47 165 389 097).
- Any questions or complaints about this policy or the management of any personal information about you by Houspect Australia should be made in writing to the address below. Houspect Australia’s contact details are:
Address PO Box 1641, Mona Vale NSW 1660
Phone 1300 258 789
- This policy represents Houspect Australia’s policy as at 1st December 2023. Houspect Australia may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy that appears on its website.