Why do WA Home Owners need a 3 Year Maintenance Inspection?
There are many home owners in WA that do not have the time, knowledge, capability or skills to assess a property to determine what maintenance needs to be undertaken over the coming three years. Examples can include elderly, busy executives or companies with a large portfolio of homes who simply want an independent review of their property. Even investors who have their property managed by a property manager may want to have a maintenance inspection undertaken by a WA Registered Builder so that a thorough independent and qualified inspection can be obtained.
Houspect provides independent building inspections and maintenance plans to assist property owners with the effective planning of ongoing building maintenance. Armed with a comprehensive 3 year plan with indicative costings should make engaging contractors to undertake the underlying work much easier.
What does a 3 Year Maintenance Inspection provide?
A Houspect 3 Year maintenance schedule is a comprehensive and impartial plan completed in accordance with Australian Standards.
A Houspect building report is a visual inspection of all the building components, it describes existing conditions and identifies likely structural defects, significant non-structural defects and major maintenance requirements.
Our specialist building inspectors will assess all of the property within the agreed scope of the inspection and look to identify:
- Structural Defects
- Building Defects
- Safety Issues
- Maintenance items which are due now or are likely to become due over the coming three years
In addition to identifying what building works need to be undertaken, our inspectors will provide high level indicative cost estimates on individual items of work as well as estimating in what year the work will need to be undertaken within the 3 year term. This schedule will provide significant assistance in forward financial planning and property maintenance.
Our aim is to provide you with a detailed insight as to the condition of the property, the required works and indicative costs associated with those works.
What’s covered in the Building Report and 3 Year Maintenance Inspection?
Our Building Report and 3 Year maintenance inspection covers the visual inspection of the property’s condition and status in the following areas, subject to reasonable access:
- Roof cover and roof plumbing
- Roof frame
- Ceilings, walls, internal and external including facades
- Under floor areas (where access is available) and above-ground footings
- Doors and frames, internal and external
- Windows and frames, internal and external
- Wet areas and cabinets
- Fences and retaining walls
- Patios, verandahs, balconies and stairs
- Paving, driveway and pool surrounds
- Plumbing and Electrical overview
- Repairs and maintenance items which are due now or are likely to become due over the coming three years
- Safety omissions
About your Houspect Building Inspector
In WA, building inspections and building inspectors are unregulated. As a consequence it is important that you have total confidence in the quality, skills, experience and professionalism of your building inspector. At Houspect WA:
- Every one of our building inspectors is a WA Registered Builder in their own right. Their Builders Registration number is recorded in every report.
- Every building inspector has a minimum of 20 years direct construction industry experience.
- Our building inspectors are fully insured with Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Every inspection report produced by Houspect WA is subject to a minimum of two levels of quality assurance review prior to being released.
- Our state wide clients and building inspectors are supported by a dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced customer service team based in our Balcatta operations centre.
- All calls, enquiries or bookings are addressed promptly and professionally by our customer service team during our business hours of 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Our building inspectors are located across the entire Perth metropolitan area and in most major regional centres in WA.
Houspect WA or its Directors maintain a number of important professional memberships including:
- Master Builders Association of WA
- Housing Industry Association
- Strata Community Association of WA
- Australian Institute of Conveyances WA
During the 20 plus years of operating in WA, Houspect has conducted in excess of 50,000 quality building inspections.
Buy, build and invest with confidence with Houspect WA.