Commercial Pre-Purchase Inspection
Why do WA Buyers & Investors need a Pre-Purchase Building Inspection?
As an investor or business owner, you know the importance of completing a thorough due diligence prior to making important investment decisions. Buying a commercial property is no different.
Having a pre-purchase commercial building inspection undertaken is one of those important due diligence decisions. The inspection is designed to identify structural defects, significant non-structural defects and major maintenance items which are likely to fall due within the first 12 months of ownership.
What are the benefits of a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
Completed in accordance with Australian Standard 4349, a Houspect Building Inspection is a visual inspection of all the building components, it describes existing conditions and identifies likely structural defects, significant non-structural defects and major maintenance requirements that may fall due in the first 12 months. Understanding the condition of the property and the required remedial work or maintenance needs will enable the buyer to progress with their property purchase with greater understanding of the property ownership journey ahead.
If you have any queries or particular concerns about the property under consideration, simply let us know and we can instruct the building inspector to address these issues specifically during your inspection.
What’s covered in the Pre-Purchase Inspection?
The areas of the property to be inspected can include:
- Roof Cover and roof plumbing (inclusive of high rise roofs utilising commercial drones)
- Roof spaces (above ceilings in the upper floor units)
- External walls, fences, boundary walls, stairs
- Carparks, carports, basement car parking, ramps etc
- Internal walls, ceilings, floors, stairwells, foyers
- Building facilities including gym, meeting areas, theatres, meeting rooms, passage ways, walkways, bin areas etc)
Given our inspectors are Registered Builders and not mechanics, electricians, plumbers or security consultants certain items need to be excluded from our inspections:
- HVAC, Plant and equipment including firefighting equipment and pool equipment
- Access control including security systems and electronic gates
- Hot water equipment including solar panels and photovoltaic panels
About your Houspect Building Inspector
In WA, building inspections and building inspectors are unregulated. As a consequence it is important that you have total confidence in the quality, skills, experience and professionalism of your building inspector. At Houspect WA:
- Every one of our building inspectors is a WA Registered Builder in their own right. Their Builders Registration number is recorded in every report.
- Every building inspector has a minimum of 20 years direct construction industry experience.
- Our building inspectors are fully insured with Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Every inspection report produced by Houspect WA is subject to a minimum of two levels of quality assurance review prior to being released.
- Our state wide clients and building inspectors are supported by a dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced customer service team based in our Balcatta operations centre.
- All calls, enquiries or bookings are addressed promptly and professionally by our customer service team during our business hours of 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Our building inspectors are located across the entire Perth metropolitan area and in most major regional centres in WA.
Houspect WA or its Directors maintain a number of important professional memberships including:
- Master Builders Association of WA
- Housing Industry Association
- Strata Community Association of WA
- Australian Institute of Conveyances WA
During the 20 plus years of operating in WA, Houspect has conducted in excess of 50,000 quality building inspections.
Buy, build and invest with confidence with Houspect WA.
For more information or to book a Pre-Purchase Building Inspection, call Houspect on Ph: 9240 8855, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online enquiry form.