Houspect provides Strata Complex 5 Year Building Maintenance Plans to assist Strata Companies and Strata Management firms with the effective planning of ongoing building maintenance.
What does a Strata Complex 5 Year Maintenance Plan provide?
A Houspect Strata Complex 5 year maintenance plan is a comprehensive and impartial plan completed in accordance with Australian Standards.
Our specialist building inspectors will assess all of the strata common property within the agreed scope of the inspection and look to identify:
- Structural defects
- Building defects
- Safety Issues
- Maintenance items which are due now or are likely to become due over the coming 5 years
In addition to identifying what buildings works need to be undertaken, our inspectors will provide high level indicative cost estimates up to $50,000 on individual items of work as well as estimate in what year the work will need to be undertaken. This schedule will provide significant assistance in forward financial planning and required sinking fund contributions.
Our reports are supported by an extensive photo library. Strata Companies and Strata Managers can then engage the appropriate trades to perform the work outlined in the report recommendations.
What areas within the Strata Complex can be inspected?
The areas of the strata property to be inspected is usually determined by the Strata Company but can include:
- Roof cover and roof plumbing (inclusive of high rise roofs utilising commercial drones)
- Roof spaces (above ceilings in the upper floor units)
- External walls, fences, boundary walls, stairs
- Carparks, carports, basement car parking, ramps etc
- Internal walls, ceilings, floors, stairwells, foyers
- Common property facilities (gym, meeting areas, theatres, common rooms, laundry, barbecue areas, passage ways, walkways, bin areas etc)
Your detailed report will include the following:
- A five year schedule of identified defects and maintenance items
- Estimates as to when the works are required over the coming 5 years
- High level builders indicative estimates on the expected cost of each item
Given our inspectors are Registered Builders and not mechanics, electricians, plumbers or security consultants certain items need to be excluded from our inspections:
- HVAC, Plant and equipment including firefighting equipment and pool equipment
- Access control including security systems and electronic gates
- Hot water equipment including solar panels and photovoltaic panels
However the Strata Company suppliers should be able to provide 5 year forward estimates on any maintenance and capital expenditure required.
About your Houspect Building Inspector
In WA, building inspections and building inspectors are unregulated. As a consequence it is important that you have total confidence in the quality, skills, experience and professionalism of your building inspector. At Houspect WA:
- Every one of our building inspectors is a WA Registered Builder in their own right. Their Builders Registration number is recorded in every report.
- Every building inspector has a minimum of 20 years direct construction industry experience.
- Our building inspectors are fully insured with Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- Every inspection report produced by Houspect WA is subject to a minimum of two levels of quality assurance review prior to being released.
- Our state wide clients and building inspectors are supported by a dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced customer service team based in our Balcatta operations centre.
- All calls, enquiries or bookings are addressed promptly and professionally by our customer service team during our business hours of 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Our building inspectors are located across the entire Perth metropolitan area and in most major regional centres in WA.
Houspect WA or its Directors maintain a number of important professional memberships including:
- Master Builders Association of WA
- Housing Industry Association
- Strata Community Association of WA
- Australian Institute of Conveyances WA
During the 20 plus years of operating in WA, Houspect has conducted in excess of 50,000 quality building inspections.
Buy, build and invest with confidence with Houspect WA.
For more information or to book a Strata Inspection, call Houspect on Ph: 9240 8855, email us at email@example.com